Painted Bottle - Pinterest Idea

I've seen a lot of Pinterest projects where people take a mason jar and paint the inside, or outside, with various colors of paint. I had the idea of painting a jar for myself to put by my fish tanks. Something vase-like so I could put a few flowers in the room to give it a tropical feel.

I picked out a bottle that I thought would go well with my room - a bottle of Kraken. I have two saltwater tanks with various trinkets, posters, and other artwork to fit the ocean theme. I also picked out some fake daisies from Michael's in a couple of different colors. Lastly, I grabbed a bottle of acrylic paint.


I started by cutting the daisies to size. The plastic stems were hollow so I had to cap the ends with some hot glue.



I poured the paint into the bottle and swirled it around to coat the entire inside. Unfortunately, because of the narrow neck of the bottle, it took forever to dry!! It also started streaking inside and clumping. I almost gave up on the project. I tried one more time, adding more paint and setting the bottle on it's side with a small computer fan blowing inside.


I let the bottle sit for a whole week and it finally dried out. I'm pretty happy with how it looks in the room, however, having to leave it set up with a fan for a whole week was a pain. I would definitely make sure to use a bottle with a wider neck! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reefkeeping Overview

Bottle Cap Magents - What Hasn't Worked