Getting Things Done - It's Time for Yard Work

This past weekend I spent some time outside doing yard work, and I'm pretty proud of what I got accomplished. There's still more that needs to be done, but I hurt my back pretty early on in the day and had to call it quits after a few hours. I'll be taking it easy this week and should be back to 100% by the weekend! 

Anyway, here's some pics - befores and afters... 

33788827541_dcbcd165f3.jpg
33877522666_bfd1306383.jpg

First I added some mulch, and big pavers (that's what screwed my back) to the front left side of the house. I also straightened the leaning birdbath and moved the planter (lillies) off the front steps. I need more mulch, probably at last 2 more bags. I only got one bag to start with since I was worried how it would work/look. I am finding conflicting info online as to whether or not I should trim the hibiscus bushes. Unfortunately, they look pretty dead so I have a feeling they didn't make it through the winter (they were supposed to!!).

33105727983_135f02443b.jpg
33105720353_233edc3027.jpg

On the right side of the house I weeded and turned over, BY HAND, this section of dirt. I also added a small stone edging and a few more river rocks to the slope. Lastly, I seeded and watered the area. Initially I was going to make this another garden area, but it would just be too much work. 

33788846111_383bbb63fa.jpg
33918533425_808de4c7b0.jpg
33877527606_06350ca083.jpg


In the back I took out the janky fence - which was put up to stop the dogs from digging by the garage. I also turned over more dirt, weeded, seeded, and put a few more pavers down (firewood rack will be going here). Unfortunately, I didn't notice the pavers were uneven until I started taking pictures at the end - another thing I'll need tow work on once my back is feeling better. The little fence by the grill is to try and keep the dogs from trampling the dirt/seed here for a while. They really wear a path down where they go in/out. So far it's working. And as long as the grass seed I picked out does it's job in the front and back, I'll be adding more to the bare spots behind the grill. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reefkeeping Overview

Hello 2017